- How well do you think the course conveyed those takeaways?
the course conveyed those takeaways very well that I learn a lot from this class.
- Were there any other particular takaways for you?
the pick-of-the-week pushes me to read more news or blogs related to technics, which I could learn a lot from it.
- How did you feel about cold calling?
I like cold calling because it always makes me concentrate on the class material especially when we are doing the online class.
- How did you feel about office hours?
The office hours are super helpful when I am confused about the course materials and the projects. TAs are trying their best to help me.
- How did you feel about lab sessions?
Lab sessions are helpful when we are at the last minute on the project.
- What required tool did you not know and now find very useful?
There are several tools that I did not know before I took this class. For example, the checktestdata is very helpful for me both to generate the test cases and test my code. The docker is so convenient that I don’t even need to ssh to the lab machine but rather used my own machine to finish the projects.
- You should have read five papers that describe SOLID design: Single responsibility, Open-closed principle, Liskov substitution, Interface segregation, Dependency inversion. What insights have they given you?
The open-closed principle is a basic principle that keeps the coding simple and codes are beautiful. We should think about these principles when we writing codes.
- You should have read two papers that advised minimizing getters and setters. What insights have they given you?
Getters and setters are not always good. They also have some weaknesses when we are coding. We should sometimes avoid using those.
- Give me your suggestions for improving the course.
I hope we could have more time to do the projects.